We take the privacy of our client’s information very seriously and handle all data with care in line with the latest laws and regulations.
Who we are
We are Walter & Randall Ltd address is 4a Ashford House Beaufort Court Sir Thomas Longley Road Rochester Kent ME2 4FA. We are the providers of the website walterandrandall.co.uk (referred to as the “Site”). Our VAT number is 297 573 641. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA333451. We provide this Site to advertise our properties and services online. We are a company offering Commercial Property Agency Professional and Management services to the property market together with the promotion and sale of residential development land.
This Policy only relates to the personal information that we collect about you from the Site or from third parties such as social media companies.
If you would like to
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information you give us: We will collect the information that you give to us when using our Site. If you choose to access a particular search feature or to fill in a form on the Site, you may be asked to provide information about yourself, such as your name and contact details. We may also collect other information about you at the same time, such as details of the sort of property you are interested in, the cost and location of the property etc. We will also collect information that you provide to us when you register as a property applicant with us, request property email updates, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site or websites operated by associated third parties and enter into competitions, promotions or surveys. We will also collect information that you provide to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect about you: This is different
Information we receive about you from third parties: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Main Uses of Your Data
This section of the Policy describes the things that we do with your data which relate directly to your use of the Site and our services. They are the things that we hope you would expect us to do with your information. We will use your information:
- to provide the services available on our Site to you;
- when you consent to us doing so, to pass your searches and messages on to our internal service sectors, which include estate agents, commercial agents, managing agents, valuers and surveyors to help them communicate with you directly and to provide a more personalised service to you. This may include contacting you about other relevant properties, adding you to our enquiry database for future contact and offering you our additional services;
- customise and enrich your experience on our Site;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive services available on our Site or to participate in competitions or promotions via our Site;
- to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on the Site.
This section of the Policy describes the things that we do with your data that arise from our monitoring of the Site and the collection of your information whilst using the Site. We may use this information:
- to identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and
tohelp us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features and adverts;
- to conduct reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
We may combine technical information with other information that we have about you to help us with our processing of your information as described in this Policy.
Use of your data for marketing and communications
Sometimes we may use your personal information to provide marketing messages to you or allow us or third parties to communicate with you on third party services. We will always seek your consent before doing so and you can
- providing direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, post or telephone;
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- providing your information to selected third parties that we believe may be able to offer you goods or services that are of interest so that they can contact you about their goods and services; and
- monitoring the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you. Once your information has been passed to us in the course of providing our services then we will have a copy of the information that you have provided about the property enquiry and your contact details which we will use to get in touch with you.
We recommend that you check the policy of any website that you visit and make sure that you are comfortable with the terms of such policies before providing any personal information.
If our business is sold or merged, or if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will make sure that any such transfer is done in a secure way.
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. By using this Site you consent to us providing your information to the third parties authorised by us to provide such services. We may also use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include processing (but not using themselves) your information e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your information to anyone who is not also subject to adequate privacy commitments in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your information for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or to obtain professional advice. We will retain your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary and no longer than permitted by law.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties, we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
Only employees who need access to your information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time.
You have the right to use our Site without consenting to
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.